We are committed to serving the motorcycling
public with the following objectives:
A.B.A.T.E. of South Dakota is governed by a Board of Directors. Each chapter
elects a State Representative from the membership of their chapter to serve as a
member of the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors elects a State
Coordinator, Vice Coordinator,Legislative Officer, Secretary, and Treasurer to administrate the
affairs of A.B.A.T.E. of South Dakota. A.B.A.T.E. of South Dakota is a non-profit
corporation complying with the guidelines required for such a corporation.
- Act as a watchdog to warn members against adverse motorcycle
legislation and to promote favorable legislation for motorcyclists at local, state and
- Improve road conditions, thus making roads safer for motorcyclists.
- Help prevent accidents through rider awareness and education.
- Discourage motorcycle thefts.
- Promote political involvement of motorcyclists.
- Act as a liaison between motorcyclists and government authorities.
- Present and promote a better public image of motorcyclists.